Now that you have found your survey results and have found several Giving Communities that might match your interests, here are some suggestions for next steps:
- Visit the Donor Resources page for websites and reading materials about giving and philanthropy
- Explore the Getting Started in Philanthropy page to help you get started exploring your giving
- Browse the websites of the Giving Communities that were recommended to you, and maybe a few others, to see if they may also be of interest
- See what types of events they offer and what kind of projects they support.
(Not all Giving Communities engage in pooled funding)
- Reach out to the contact person and find out more
(Keep in mind many are very small organizations and operated by volunteers)
- Ask to speak with a current member
Once you find a community that seems like a good fit for you:
- Jump in and get involved!
- Attend their social events, teleconferences and any educational workshops they may offer
- Join the grant making and other committees, if they have them
- Visit the Bolder Giving website and browse our library of extraordinary givers – people who have given anywhere from 20 to 90% of their income, assets, or business profits – and who embody our "give more, risk more, inspire more" qualities.
- Let us know about other Bold Givers that should be featured (please contact )
- Share your stories with us at so that others may become inspired by your giving
- Most importantly, enjoy your philanthropy!